Marvel Cinematic Universe "inspired" Nick Fury (Mark 2)
Marvel Select 7" scale
Diamond Select Expendables Hale Caeser
Diamond Select Sin City Marv
Kent32 cast head
Paints - Revell Aquacolor
Anthacite 09 matt (chest)
Black 08 matt (beard and eye brows)
Black 07 gloss (eye patch)
Leather 84 matt (head & neck)
The very talented Kent 32 has within his catalogue a Nick Fury Marvel Cinematic headsculpt in 1/10 Marvel Select scale. I picked it up a few months back when ordering the Daredevil head and finally got hold of the rest of the parts to have a second stab at a MCU Nick Fury.
The bulk of the body is taken from the Expendables Hale Caeser 7" figure from Diamond. The figure should be heated in boiling water and can then be popped apart. For the Nick Fury you will need to remove the head and arms (keep the arms as they come in handy for a future custom).
The second donor figure is the Diamond Select Sin City Marv. Either colour or black and white version will do. From this you heat up and remove the arms and then peel the coat away. The coat is sat into a section of the back of Marv's vest so peel this away carefully to avoid it ripping. Again, put the rest of Marv with the arms from Caesar as these will do for another project.
The body needed very little work, although I painted the chest section in Anthracite as I didn't particularly like the striped version. The coat needed the section at the back trimming away with a knife so it sat flush to the Expendables chest. The arms for Marv used a smaller peg than the holes on the Expendables torso, to fix this I built up the two balls with putty and then sanded them smooth, they then plugged back into the holes and retain full articulation. I swapped the hands on Marv, which are quite large, with the hands from Caesar - these do sit a bit further back in the sleeve but shouldn't need painting.
The head will need undercoating in black then painting. I use Revell Aquacolor paints, and for the head their 84 Leather Matt works well as an African American skin tone. The eye is painted in white with a black iris and white spot as a highlight. The eye patch was painted in a gloss black (07) and the beard and eye brows in matt black (08).
You could use the McFarlane Shaft head as an alternative for this project. It will need more work to remove the neck and create a neck slot. You will then need to add in the eye patch and strap. I used this head on the Mark 1 and simply cut out a cardboard circle for the eye patch and then painted on the strap.